Risk Factors of Heart Attack
There are many which are modifiable and others are non-modifiable
These include :
- Age men >45 and women >55 years.
- Tobacco -active and passive smoking both .
- High blood pressure can damage the arteries.
- High blood cholesterol or triglycerides levels lead to plaque build up and narrowing of the arteries.
- Obesity -is linked to high blood cholesterol levels,high triglycerides,high blood pressure and diabetes.losing 10% of body weight can lower the risk.
- Uncontrolled blood sugar levels increase the risk
- Metabolic syndrome-having metabolic syndrome makes you twice as likely to develop heart disease.
- Family history -if any sibling ,parents or grandparents have had early heart attack (age 55 for males and 65 for females), then you are at an increased risk.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Elicit drug abuse
- History of preeclampsia
- Autoimmune conditions
Complications of Heart Attack
- Abnormal heart rythm (arrythmia)
- Heart failure
- Sudden cardiac arrest
Prevention And Treatment for Heart Attack
The key to prevention is to reduce the risk factors .These include :
- Lifestyle modifications- they play a very important part like diet ,exercise ,contolling BP,stress,diabetes etc in order to lead a disease free life..We work with you and simplify each category in lifestyle modification by our multiprong approach.
- Medical management as prescribed by the cardiologist.